Working together to fight COVID-19
At Bakels, our top priority is the health and wellbeing of both our staff and customers, while helping prevent the spread of this virus. Below we seek to reassure customers on the measures we are taking to secure the safe and reliable supply of Bakels ingredients during this challenging time.
The Bakels Group are monitoring and following the advice issued by the World Health Organisation and local companies their respective authorities, daily. As part of this we are monitoring reported cases and infection rates and keeping staff, customers and suppliers up to date with the latest information.
SMART working practices have been implemented across the Bakels Group, to safeguard our team and continuation of supply to our customers, which remains as normal.
- Working-from-home has been rolled out for staff who are able to do so.
- Strict personal hygiene in line with our food hygiene practices as a food manufacturing site and any additional recommendations from World Health Organisation are firmly in place.
- Sanitiser is available at all entrances and key points around site.
- Staff are advised not to visit customers unless absolutely necessary.
- Intranet systems give staff daily updates on all aspects of the fight against the virus.
- Minimised contact between staff – precautions such as staggered shift changeovers and maintaining 2 metre social distancing.
- Should staff experince symptoms outlined by World Health Organisation, Bakels have strict procedures in place for recording and implementing isolation measures.
We remain commited to the supply of ingredients to our customers.
- For safety, communications are encouraged via video-conferencing platforms, telephone and email to reduce physical contact.
- Our local customer service teams are on-hand, as normal, to serve daily needs.
- We are building stock on off-the-shelf and made-to-order products to serve local markets to satisfy demand.
Our secure supply to the industry
Bakels companies around the world have teams and contingency plans in place, in order to maintain the normal supply of ingredients to the customer bakeries working around the clock to feed the nation.
- As a crucial sector for the supply of food to the nation, it is our duty to maintain our activities.
- We are working with our suppliers to mitigate any possible supply implications and have increased our stock holding of key ingredients.
- We have long standing relationships with all our suppliers and based on the current available information, we do not envisage any supply issues.
- We can assure our customers that we are doing everything we can to minimise any risk to supply.
- Secondary and tertiary supplier partners give the supply chain robustness.